CAPPA Certified Labor Doula: CLD
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty: Debbie Hull has been serving Houston area families as a doula and childbirth educator since 1999. She is a frequent guest host on KPFT radio’s Whole Mother (www.wholemothershow.com), featuring shows on a variety of topics related to birth and parenting issues of interest to today’s families. Her extensive background in adult education and deep commitment to helping families achieve their birth goals have prepared her perfectly for mentoring and training the next generation of professional, skilled doulas. She prides herself on providing evidence-based information in a fun, interactive environment and helping aspiring doulas move from where they are to where they wish to be with their work. All training participants will receive the gift of a doula starter kit and be prepared to walk straight from their training to a birth. Training participants are all invited to join an active online group of alumni for continued support and mentoring. www.debbiehulldoula.com for more information.
Registration Link: https://www.debbiehulldoula.com/ld-registration.html
Option: $100 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit holds slot; Remainder of fee due by two weeks prior to training
Details of Refund Policy: – If Debbie Hull cancels the training, students have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another Childbirth Educator training taught by Debbie Hull. All other cancellations will be charged a $75.00 processing fee.
– If the cancellation is made within three weeks of the training, no refund will be given.
– Cancellations prior to training have the option of having payment applied to a training given by Debbie Hull within 12 months. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer.) Only ONE transfer of registration is permitted. If applicant does not attend a training within 12 months, all fees are forfeited.
– I understand I should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless I have received a confirmation email from email@example.com that the training is confirmed.
– In the event of hazardous weather, an “act of God”, or any other travel issues making it impossible for CAPPA faculty to hold the training, a makeup option will be made available. Debbie Hull is not responsible for any travel expenses students may incur.