Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty: Laura Speece lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband and her five wonderful children. For the last decade, she has had the honor of working with families all over the central NC area as a labor doula and childbirth educator. Laura joined CAPPA faculty in 2015 and offers CLD, CCCE & advanced trainings to professionals in her community. On the side, Laura also teaches and mentors a number of online classes in pregnancy, birthing, and natural health & medicine. In any remaining spare time, Laura enjoys singing and playing music with her husband, eating sushi and nerding out at the science museum with her kids. She is thrilled about each opportunity to reach parents and young families exponentially through the amazing new professionals that she trains. Will you be next??
Tuition: $550 (bonus for early registration!)
Training Dates and Times:
August 5-7, 2021
4:00-8:00pm Thursday, 9:00-5:00 on Friday and Saturday (EST)
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop is cancelled by Laura Speece, attendees have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Laura Speece.
• If the attendee cancels, a refund will not be given. If attendee cancels at least 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Laura Speece within 12 months of the original workshop date (only with written approval from Laura Speece). Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refund. Only one registration transfer is allowed, and a $50 transfer fee will be charged. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months or fails to pay the $50 transfer fee, all fees are forfeited. No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Laura Speece has confirmed the workshop (usually at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Laura Speece to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available. Laura Speece is not responsible for any travel expenses attendee may incur.