Cost: $650 and includes a 1 year CAPPA membership
Late registration or transfer is a fee of $50
Register Here: https://www.integrativechildbirth.net/contact-6
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
- CAPPA certification and policies
- Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
- Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
- Support for every stage of labor and birth
- Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
- Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
- Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
- Cesarean and VBAC support
- Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
- Breastfeeding initiation and support
- Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
- And much more!
About The Faculty
Rená served as CAPPA’s volunteer Southwest Regional Representative and Regional Director from 2009-2012. She is an active certified birth and postpartum Doula with over 13 years experience. Rená is an Educator, Speaker and Author, as well as, one of CAPPA’s approved Labor Doula Faculty members who has trained Doulas for almost 10 years. My goal is to bring knowledge and compassion to the clients I serve and the students that also teach me something new at every class. She balances family and work life by making time to be a mother, wife, daughter, friend and mentor but not always in this order.
No refunds, transfer to future training dates within a 12 month period.