Registration Link: https://www.debbiehulldoula.com/ld-registration.html
$100 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit holds slot; Remainder of fee due by two weeks prior to training
Limited scholarships available
CAPPA Certified Labor Doula: CLD
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Debbie Hull began learning about birth in 1995 after the birth of her first baby and has been serving Houston area birthing families since 1999. She is certified with CAPPA as a new parent educator, labor doula, and childbirth educator and is honored to be on CAPPA faculty for both labor doula and childbirth educator. Debbie has been privileged to attend several hundred births in homes, birth centers, hospitals and, on one memorable occasion, a grocery store parking lot! She believes that it is the most precious and sacred of honors to be invited to care for a family during their childbearing season and is very proud to have the opportunity to speak into the work of the next generation of birth professionals. Her work has taken her places she never expected to go, including becoming a talk-radio guest-host (listen at wholemothershow.com). She also portrayed Jillian in all the Houston productions of Karen Brody’s play, Birth, but only with the fingerprints of her beloved midwife/friend all over her back. They say the birth sounds she made there, on a stage in front of hundreds of people, sounded real. She profoundly hopes so. Debbie designed and developed the curriculum for an innovative, interactive childbirth class and began offering classes that even dads report enjoying! Her minor in training and development and experience as an American Sign Language interpreting mentorship program manager perfectly prepared her for mentoring doulas and childbirth educators. She believes that we learn best when we are laughing, so her training is designed to be enjoyable and memorable. It should be noted that there have also been tears in training, when groups dive deep into the emotional side of birth work. Debbie is most proud to be the mother of two amazing formerly breastfed and homeschooled young adults, the youngest of whom has been on a 21-year nursing strike. When she is not working on her feelings about that, Debbie enjoys movies, reading, and game nights, even when she loses. See www.debbiehulldoula.com for more information about Debbie and her work.
Details of Refund Policy:
– If Debbie Hull cancels the training, students have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another Childbirth Educator training taught by Debbie Hull. All other cancellations will be charged a $75.00 processing fee.
– If the cancellation is made within three weeks of the training, no refund will be given.
– Cancellations prior to training have the option of having payment applied to a training given by Debbie Hull within 12 months. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer.) Only ONE transfer of registration is permitted. If applicant does not attend a training within 12 months, all fees are forfeited.
– Participants should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless they have received a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org that the training is confirmed.
– In the event of hazardous weather, an act of God, or any other travel issues making it impossible for CAPPA faculty to hold the training, a makeup option will be made available. Debbie Hull is not responsible for any travel expenses students may incur.