Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Registration Link: To register: https://www.birthisjustthebeginning.com
Faculty: Gwynne Knap, BA, CLD, CPD, CCCE, CLE has been a dedicated and passionate birth professional in the Atlanta area for the past 11+ years. She has taught Confident Childbirth of Atlanta classes to hundreds of birthing couples since 2009. She currently teaches Kopa Birth classes that prepare and empower those seeking a natural birth experience. As a labor doula and postpartum doula, Gwynne has supported dozens of families through the birth journey and through the delicate transition into new parenthood. Her doula practice today, focuses primarily on postpartum doula support (both daytime and overnight care). Gwynne, born in Chicago, but raised in the Atlanta area, has a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish/International Business from Georgia State University. From 1987-2008, Gwynne was an architectural materials marketing representative focused on supplying large commercial projects in the Southeast. Gwynne has had a lifelong fascination with birth and newborn babies and now feels so fortunate to be a full-time birth professional. Gwynne is a mother to a grown son and daughter and also is a proud grandmother of two. She finds training new birthing professionals deeply rewarding, knowing her students will positively impact so many childbearing families.
Note: Class size may be limited. Register today to secure your seat, classes may be canceled with prior notice should the class not fill or your registration can be moved to another training within 12 months should the class fill prior to securing your seat. *** Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this Training Class.
Details of Refund Policy:
• Training fees are non-refundable.
• Refund of training fees are offered in full, if training is canceled by instructor (due to low enrollment)
• Once student has registered and paid, I count you as attending this training and I will purchase and prepare materials for your spot.
• If student cannot attend this training, due to unforeseen circumstances, all training fees will be applied to a future training taught by Gwynne Knap within 12 months of this training.
• There is a $50 transfer fee to transfer to another future training.
• Student should not make non-refundable travel arrangements until training is confirmed.
• NO refunds for no-shows, partial attendance or last-minute cancellations.