Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in-depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional postpartum support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CPD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional postpartum support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified postpartum doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Postpartum Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Listening and Communication Skills
· The Postpartum Doula as Educator
· Emotional and Physical Support of the Postpartum Mom
· Postpartum Mood Disorders
· Baby care techniques
· Calming and soothing techniques
· SIDS and Safe Sleep
· Infant Feeding-Choices and Support
· The New Baby and the Family
· Home Organization
· Skills for Special Circumstances
· Grief/Loss Support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty: Sierra Brooks has been working as a postpartum doula for over 20 years and is the owner/founder of Bud to Blossom (a successful postpartum doula, breastfeeding support and gentle sleep coaching service). She has also worked as a birth doula and perinatal educator over the years. She is a loving mother of 2 and devoted wife. She has a deep love of facilitating families as they begin their lives with their new babies. Being a twin herself, she has found herself drawn to families with multiple babies. Besides multiples, she specializes in helping families maximize sleep (parents and baby) and as a CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor) with breastfeeding/ baby feeding as well. Sierra’s dream was to become a CAPPA CPD Faculty member so that she can support new and aspiring postpartum doulas as they embark on their career in this exciting field. When you train with Sierra, you will walk away ready and excited to jump right into working as a postpartum doula!
Full – $450.00
Deposit – $225.00
Last Minute – $475.00
1. There are no refunds if the training meets the minimum (refund in full if training is canceled by instructor).
Once student is registered we count you as attending and purchase and prepare materials for your spot.
If student cannot attend this training, all funds will be held for 12 months to be applied to a future training taught by Sierra Brooks, in any training location, or transferred to another person.
2. There is a $50 transfer fee to move to another training or to transfer to another person.
3. NO refunds for no-shows or partial attendance and last-minute cancellations will forfeit payment (to insure the training is not cancelled for all other participants if the minimum is not met).
4. We will do our very best to help find a training that works for you.