Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in-depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional postpartum support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CPD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional postpartum support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified postpartum doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Postpartum Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
- CAPPA certification and policies
- Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Listening and Communication Skills
- The Postpartum Doula as Educator
- Emotional and Physical Support of the Postpartum Mom
- Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Baby care techniques
- Calming and soothing techniques
- SIDS and Safe Sleep
- Infant Feeding-Choices and Support
- The New Baby and the Family
- Home Organization
- Skills for Special Circumstances
- Grief/Loss Support
- Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
- And much more!
Faculty: Kimberly Bepler, IBCLC, CPD, CNPE, CLE® has been serving families professionally since 2001, and teaching expectant couples and new doulas since 2004. She began with her passion to serve as a postpartum doula, then added breastfeeding and new parent educator, and became a Lactation Consultant after years of studying how to help families with breastfeeding and pumping. She owns ABC Doula & Newborn Care in Portland, OR, is the mother of 2 almost grown kids, and resides in Phoenix near her parents. Training doulas for the past 2 decades, she has continued to evolve and adjust as an instructor and include not only different learning styles, but interactive activities, extensive scenarios, collaborative work, and fun hands-on work that makes for confident new doulas. She promises a fun and interactive training to learn not only great information, but also experience a judgement-free class empowering new doulas–something she is truly passionate about.
$600 (30 days before training)
$650 after deadline
Fee includes training manual, all materials, and ONE YEAR of CAPPA membership.
Certification is an additional cost.
There are no refunds if the training meets the minimum. (However a full refund is given if training is canceled by instructor.)
• Once student is registered and paid we count each student as attending and purchase and create materials for that spot.
• There is a transfer fee to move to another training or to transfer to another student, $100 for each transfer (if multiple transfers occur).
• If student cannot attend this training, all funds will be held for 12 months to be applied to a future training taught by Kimberly Bepler, in any training location, or transferred to another student. After that time funds are forfeited.
• If a transfer student attends a future date that is cancelled due to low enrollment, student is not due a refund, however will not be charged another transfer fee to attend the next training.
• NO refunds for no-shows or partial attendance and last-minute cancellations will forfeit payment (to insure the training is not cancelled for all other participants if the minimum is not met).
• We understand changes in schedules and will do our very best to help find a training that works for you.