Hybrid: Live Virtual Zoom with 2 hour in-person, socially distanced, masked
Metro Atlanta, GA
CAPPA Certified Postpartum Doula: CPD
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in-depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional postpartum support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CPD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional postpartum support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified postpartum doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Postpartum Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Listening and Communication Skills
· The Postpartum Doula as Educator
· Emotional and Physical Support of the Postpartum Mom
· Postpartum Mood Disorders
· Baby care techniques
· Calming and soothing techniques
· SIDS and Safe Sleep
· Infant Feeding-Choices and Support
· The New Baby and the Family
· Home Organization
· Skills for Special Circumstances
· Grief/Loss Support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty: Gwynne Knap, BA, CLD, CPD, CCCE, CLE has been a dedicated and passionate birth professional in the Atlanta area for the past 11+ years. She has taught Confident Childbirth of Atlanta classes to hundreds of birthing couples since 2009. She currently teaches Kopa Birth classes that prepare and empower those seeking a natural birth experience. As a labor doula and postpartum doula, Gwynne has supported dozens of families through the birth journey and through the delicate transition into new parenthood. Her doula practice today, focuses primarily on postpartum doula support (both daytime and overnight care). Gwynne, born in Chicago, but raised in the Atlanta area, has a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish/International Business from Georgia State University. From 1987-2008, Gwynne was an architectural materials marketing representative focused on supplying large commercial projects in the Southeast. Gwynne has had a lifelong fascination with birth and newborn babies and now feels so fortunate to be a full-time birth professional. Gwynne is a mother to a grown son and daughter and also is a proud grandmother of two. She finds training new birthing professionals deeply rewarding, knowing her students will positively impact so many childbearing families.
Early Bird Rate $455 before March 23, 2021
Regular Rate after March 24, 2021 $475
Registration Deadline April 16, 2021
Registration Link: https://www.birthisjustthebeginning.com
Details of Refund Policy:
• Training fees are non-refundable.
• Refund of training fees are offered in full, if training is canceled by instructor (due to low enrollment)
• Once student has registered and paid, I count you as attending this training and I will purchase and prepare materials for your spot.
• If student cannot attend this training, due to unforeseen circumstances, all training fees will be applied to a future training taught by Gwynne Knap within 12 months of this training.
• There is a $50 transfer fee to transfer to another future training.
• Student should not make non-refundable travel arrangements until training is confirmed.
• NO refunds for no-shows, partial attendance or last-minute cancellations.