CAPPA Certified New Parent Educator: CNPE
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas and Professional Perinatal Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in-depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA New Parent Educator Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional education to new and expecting parents? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified New Parent Educator with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CNPE program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional education on the postpartum and newborn periods, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified new parent educators with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA New Parent Educator Training Class includes the CAPPA New Parent Educator Manual, and covers the following topics:
• CAPPA certification and policies
• Practical application of Scope of Practice, Ethics, and Integrity
• Evidence Based Practices
• Teaching to Adult Learners
• The Newborn – Characteristics, Procedures, Feeding, and Care
• Soothing the Newborn
• SUIDS/SIDS and Safe Sleep
• Parental Relationships After Baby
• Postpartum Expectations for the Woman
• Postpartum Expectations for the Partner/Non-Birth Parent
• Preparing the Home and Family
• Specialty Class Ideas
• Curriculum Development
• Business development, marketing, and networking
• And much more!
Why Certify as a CNPE?
Expecting and new parents in this day and time experience a combination of information overload and support neglect, leading to a lack of confidence as they begin this very important time of their lives. Certified New Parent Educators (CNPEs) provide evidence based information to families and communities to support a positive and empowered postpartum and newborn period. New Parent Educators are found teaching in community and hospital based classes, public health clinics, care-providers offices, and private settings.
The CAPPA CNPE is a non-clinical professional and therefor does not dispense medical advice, diagnose medical conditions, perform clinical procedures, or prescribe/administer treatments of any kind. The CNPE offers appropriate referrals when their observance uncovers situations that require healthcare attention or support.
Kimberly Bepler, IBCLC, CPD, CLE®, CNPE has been serving families professionally since 2001, and teaching expectant couples and new doulas since 2004. She began first as a postpartum doula, then added breastfeeding and new parent educator, and became an IBCLC in 2011. She owns ABC Doula & Newborn Care in Portland, OR, is the mother of 2 teens, and resides in Phoenix near her parent’s home. Kimberly has taught and served thousands of expectant and new parents, including over 700 families with twins. Teaching for over a decade within 2 hospital systems, Kimberly had this program in her heart for several years, and built the New Parent Educator trainings for those seeking to teach new parent classes in a hospital, community, or private setting. She promises a fun and interactive training to learn not only great information, but also how to teach judgement-free classes empowering new parents –something she is truly passionate about. You can find out more at www.abcdoula.com.
TUITION: $625 Regular registration (before Dec 18, 2019)
$675 Late registration (after Dec 18, 2019–includes charge for late materials)
Early bird bonus: Register and pay in full by 2 months before the training and receive a one year membership to CAPPA to begin your certification! ($75 value)
Early payment bonus: Register and pay in full by registration date and you will receive the Infant Spa Bath video to show to your classes and clients. ($25 value)
DETAILS OF REFUND POLICY:
• There are no refunds if the training meets the minimum requirements for registration. (Refund in full if training is canceled by instructor.)
• Once student is registered we count you as attending and purchase and prepare materials for your spot.
• If student cannot attend this training, all funds will be held for 12 months to be applied to a future training taught by Kimberly Bepler, in any training location, or transferred to another person.
• There is a $50 transfer fee to move to another training or to transfer to another person.
• NO refunds for no-shows or partial attendance and last-minute cancellations will forfeit payment. (To insure the training is not cancelled for all other participants if the minimum is not met).
• We will do our very best to help find a training that works for you.
NOTE: Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this Training Class.