Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty: Laura Speece is the owner and founder of Natural Abundance Health & Birthing – a perinatal natural health school. Since 2015, she has been training birth professionals in labor doula skills, childbirth education, herbalism, nutrition & holistic health. In Laura’s classes and in her life, you will find a undying love of Jesus, herbal medicine, and science – 3 things you may have been told can’t go together, but at Natural Abundance, we’re proof that they can!
Laura is currently living the beach life in Murrells Inlet, SC with her husband and biggest supporter, Eric. They have five amazing children who serve as a daily inspiration to grow and learn and teach.
Tuition: $600 (30 days before training)
$650 after deadline
Your tuition includes: CAPPA training manual, training supplies, one year of CAPPA membership (a $75 value!), printable class handouts, FREE Doula Elite Bundle download (a $56 value!)
Training Dates and Times:
February 9, 2023 4:00 (EST) 8:00 (EST)
February 10, 2023 9:00 (EST) 5:00 (EST)
February 11, 2023 9:00 (EST0 5:00 (EST)
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop is cancelled by Laura Speece, attendees have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Laura Speece.
• If the attendee cancels, a refund will not be given. If attendee cancels at least 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Laura Speece within 12 months of the original workshop date (only with written approval from Laura Speece). Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refund. Only one registration transfer is allowed, and a $50 transfer fee will be charged. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months or fails to pay the $50 transfer fee, all fees are forfeited. No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Laura Speece has confirmed the workshop (usually at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Laura Speece to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available. Laura Speece is not responsible for any travel expenses attendee may incur.