Training Dates and Times:
March 1, 2024 10:00am EST 7:30pm EST
March 2, 2024 10:00am EST 7:30pm EST
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
*We know you are here because you feel called to work with childbearing families in your community. At The Doula School we are honored that you are coming to us as partners in that important work.
The Doula School and CAPPA recognizes that systems of oppression have blocked and denied access for many marginalized people to options in prenatal and postnatal care and support. Multiple factors contribute to these disparities, such as quality of healthcare, structural racism, and implicit bias. CAPPA and the Doula School are committed to improving birth and postpartum experiences for all people.
At The Doula School, we believe that to change these systems of oppression there must be an investment in professionals (aka doulas) with lived experience in these systems who are best positioned to provide culturally-relevant care and support to those whose lives are unfairly at risk due to past and present inequities.
The Doula School offers partial scholarships for students who demonstrate sincere financial need, Military Members and Dependents, with preference given to those who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and Disabled. For more information or to apply: https://www.thedoulaschool.org/scholarships
Partial scholarships available for students who demonstrate sincere financial need, Military Members and Dependents, with preference given to those who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and Disabled.
Registration Link: www.welcometonurture.com
Erica is a CAPPA certified labor doula and faculty doula trainer; certified childbirth educator, and certified midwife assistant. She is waterbirth credentialed, CPR and NRP certified. She is a professional member of CAPPA, Birth Arts International, and the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health. Erica is also a published poet, author, and speaker and holds the title of 2023 Ohio Poet of the Year.
Erica has served over 1000 families in her tenure as a doula and childbirth educator since 2006. Erica has held board positions with the Cincinnati Area Doula Society, the Buckeye Birth Coalition, International Cesarean Awareness Network, and the Dayton Area Labor Support.
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop must be cancelled by Erica, attendees will have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Erica.
• If attendee cancels at least 22 days prior to the first day of the workshop, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Erica within 12 months of the original date, in which case a $50 fee will be charged for the transfer. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months, all offers are forfeited and transfer fee is non-refundable. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.)
• Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refunds of any kind.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Erica has confirmed the workshop (which will occur at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Erica to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available.