Training Dates and Times:
May 6-7, 2022 9:00AM – 4:00PM EST
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Cost: $600 Early bird Registration $550 by 4/6/23
Partial scholarships available for students who demonstrate sincere financial need, Military Members and Dependents, with preference given to those who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and Disabled.
Here is a link to the scholarship details on my website: https://www.thedoulaschool.org/scholarships
Registration Link: To register: https://www.thedoulaschool.org
Faculty: Erica has been a childbirth educator for ten years and a doula for over fifteen years. She joined CAPPA as a childbirth educator in 2011 before adding a certification as a CAPPA labor doula shortly thereafter. Erica joined the CAPPA labor doula faculty in 2013 and discovered a passion in teaching and supporting new doulas in the field. She offers in-person trainings in Ohio as well as virtually.
When not attending births Erica is active in the literary community in Ohio. She recently published a book of poetry with Finishing Line Press that was inspired by her years as a doula as well as the births of her four children. She lives in southwest Ohio with her husband and their beautifully blended family of nine.
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop must be cancelled by Erica, attendees will have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Erica.
• If attendee cancels at least 22 days prior to the first day of the workshop, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Erica within 12 months of the original date, in which case a $50 fee will be charged for the transfer. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months, all offers are forfeited and transfer fee is non-refundable. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.)
• Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refunds of any kind.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Erica has confirmed the workshop (which will occur at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Erica to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available.