Registration Link: https://www.debbiehulldoula.com/ccce-registration.html
$100 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit holds slot; Remainder of fee due by two weeks prior to training
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training
Ready to become more proficient when offering childbirth education? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CCCE program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to improve the skill base, knowledge and perspectives on childbirth for perinatal professionals.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours.
This course satisfies the following:
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training Class includes the CAPPA Childbirth Education Manual and resources to enhance your practice.
The training covers the following topics:
· Goals/Roles of the Childbirth Educator
· Teaching Adult Learners
· Developing an Engaging Curriculum
· Innovative Teaching Activities
· Stages of Labor
· Labor Support Techniques
· Interventions and Cesarean Births
· Making Decisions and Communication
· And much more!
Why Certify as a CCCE?
Certified Childbirth Educators (CCCEs) provide evidence based information to the community, families and professionals. Childbirth Educators can be found working in a variety of settings to offer their services to families. Families can find them working as public health educators, hospital/community educators, in care providers’ offices and in private practice as educators.
CAPPA Childbirth Educators are non-clinical professionals. CAPPA Childbirth Educators do not dispense medical advice, diagnose medical conditions, or prescribe/administer medications or treatments of any kind. Educators do not offer information that directs families to act against medical advice.
Faculty: Debbie Hull has been serving Houston area families as a doula and childbirth educator since 1999. She is a frequent guest host on KPFT radio’s Whole Mother (www.wholemothershow.com), featuring shows on a variety of topics related to birth and parenting issues of interest to today’s families. Her extensive background in adult education and deep commitment to helping families achieve their birth goals have prepared her perfectly for mentoring and training the next generation of professional, skilled childbirth educators. She prides herself on providing evidence-based information in a fun, interactive environment and helping aspiring educators to move from where they are to where they wish to be with their work. Training participants are all invited to join an active online group of alumni for continued support and mentoring. www.debbiehulldoula.com for more information.
Details of Refund Policy: – If Debbie Hull cancels the training, students have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another Childbirth Educator training taught by Debbie Hull. All other cancellations will be charged a $75.00 processing fee.
– If the cancellation is made within three weeks of the training, no refund will be given.
– Cancellations prior to training have the option of having payment applied to a training given by Debbie Hull within 12 months. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer.) Only ONE transfer of registration is permitted. If applicant does not attend a training within 12 months, all fees are forfeited.
– Students should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless they have received a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org that the training is confirmed.
– In the event of hazardous weather, an “act of God”, or any other travel issues making it impossible for CAPPA faculty to hold the training, a makeup option will be made available. Debbie Hull is not responsible for any travel expenses students may incur.
Note: Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training Class.