Training Dates and Times:
February 17-19, 2022
4:00-8:00pm Thursday, 9:00-5:00 on Friday and Saturday (EST)
Tuition: $550 (bonus for early registration!)
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training
Ready to become more proficient when offering childbirth education? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour training meets the first requirement of your CCCE program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to improve the skill base, knowledge and perspectives on childbirth for perinatal professionals.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours.
This course satisfies the following:
*The CAPPA Childbirth Educator certification steps for training attendance. Ideal for anyone wanting to become a Certified Childbirth Educator, CCCE.
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training Class includes the CAPPA Childbirth Education Manual and resources to enhance your practice.
The training covers the following topics:
· Goals/Roles of the Childbirth Educator
· Teaching Adult Learners
· Developing an Engaging Curriculum
· Innovative Teaching Activities
· Stages of Labor
· Labor Support Techniques
· Interventions and Cesarean Births
· Making Decisions and Communication
· And much more!
Why Certify as a CCCE?
Certified Childbirth Educators (CCCEs) provide evidence based information to the community, families and professionals. Childbirth Educators can be found working in a variety of settings to offer their services to families. Families can find them working as public health educators, hospital/community educators, in care providers’ offices and in private practice as educators.
CAPPA Childbirth Educators are non-clinical professionals. CAPPA Childbirth Educators do not dispense medical advice, diagnose medical conditions, or prescribe/administer medications or treatments of any kind. Educators do not offer information that directs families to act against medical advice.
Whether your goal is to begin a new career, enhance your current position, or for your own enrichment, this two-day training will start you off in the right direction!
Laura Speece is the owner and founder of Natural Abundance Health & Birthing – a perinatal natural health school. Since 2015, she has been training birth professionals in labor doula skills, childbirth education, herbalism, nutrition & holistic health. In Laura’s classes and in her life, you will find a undying love of Jesus, herbal medicine, and science – 3 things you may have been told can’t go together, but at Natural Abundance, we’re proof that they can!
Laura is currently living the beach life in Murrells Inlet, SC with her husband and biggest supporter, Eric. They have five amazing children who serve as a daily inspiration to grow and learn and teach.
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop is cancelled by Laura Speece, attendees have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Laura Speece.
• If the attendee cancels, a refund will not be given. If attendee cancels at least 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Laura Speece within 12 months of the original workshop date (only with written approval from Laura Speece). Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refund. Only one registration transfer is allowed, and a $50 transfer fee will be charged. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months or fails to pay the $50 transfer fee, all fees are forfeited. No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Laura Speece has confirmed the workshop (usually at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Laura Speece to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available. Laura Speece is not responsible for any travel expenses attendee may incur.