Training Dates and Times:
October 14-16, 2021
Thursday – 4:00-8:00 – online
Friday – 9:00-5:00 – in person
Saturday – 9:00-5:00 – in person
Tuition: $550 (bonus for early registration!)
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training
Ready to become more proficient when offering childbirth education? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA. This eighteen-hour training meets the first requirement of your CCCE program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to improve the skill base, knowledge and perspectives on childbirth for perinatal professionals.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours.
This course satisfies the following:
*The CAPPA Childbirth Educator certification steps for training attendance. Ideal for anyone wanting to become a Certified Childbirth Educator, CCCE.
The CAPPA 18 Hour Childbirth Educator Training Class includes the CAPPA Childbirth Education Manual and resources to enhance your practice.
The training covers the following topics:
· Goals/Roles of the Childbirth Educator
· Teaching Adult Learners
· Developing an Engaging Curriculum
· Innovative Teaching Activities
· Stages of Labor
· Labor Support Techniques
· Interventions and Cesarean Births
· Making Decisions and Communication
· And much more!
Why Certify as a CCCE?
Certified Childbirth Educators (CCCEs) provide evidence based information to the community, families and professionals. Childbirth Educators can be found working in a variety of settings to offer their services to families. Families can find them working as public health educators, hospital/community educators, in care providers’ offices and in private practice as educators.
CAPPA Childbirth Educators are non-clinical professionals. CAPPA Childbirth Educators do not dispense medical advice, diagnose medical conditions, or prescribe/administer medications or treatments of any kind. Educators do not offer information that directs families to act against medical advice.
Whether your goal is to begin a new career, enhance your current position, or for your own enrichment, this two-day training will start you off in the right direction!
Laura Speece lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband and her five wonderful children. For the last decade, she has had the honor of working with families all over the central NC area as a labor doula and childbirth educator. Laura joined CAPPA faculty in 2015 and offers CLD, CCCE & advanced trainings to professionals in her community. On the side, Laura also teaches and mentors a number of online classes in pregnancy, birthing, and natural health & medicine. In any remaining spare time, Laura enjoys singing and playing music with her husband, eating sushi and nerding out at the science museum with her kids. She is thrilled about each opportunity to reach parents and young families exponentially through the amazing new professionals that she trains. Will you be next??
Details of Refund Policy:
• If the workshop is cancelled by Laura Speece, attendees have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop with Laura Speece.
• If the attendee cancels, a refund will not be given. If attendee cancels at least 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date, attendee has the option of transferring to another workshop held by Laura Speece within 12 months of the original workshop date (only with written approval from Laura Speece). Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to the workshop start date will not be eligible for transfer or refund. Only one registration transfer is allowed, and a $50 transfer fee will be charged. If the attendee fails to transfer to another workshop within 12 months or fails to pay the $50 transfer fee, all fees are forfeited. No-shows are not eligible for registration transfers.
• Non-refundable travel reservations should not be made until Laura Speece has confirmed the workshop (usually at least three weeks prior to the workshop start date).
• In the event of hazardous weather or any other travel issues making it impossible for Laura Speece to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available. Laura Speece is not responsible for any travel expenses attendee may incur.