Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA 20 Hour Lactation Educator™ Training
Ready to become more proficient when offering breastfeeding education? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Lactation Educator™ with CAPPA. This twenty-four-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLE® program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to improve the skill base, knowledge and perspectives on breastfeeding for perinatal professionals. Additionally, this course supports both the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative and Mother Friendly practices and provides training for those seeking certification as certified lactation educators™ with CAPPA.
Offering 21.25 L-CERPS and 24 CAPPA Contact Hours. RD and nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
This course satisfies the following:
- *The Core Competencies in Breastfeeding Care and Services for All Health Professionals as outlined by the United States Breastfeeding Committee (no endorsement by the USBC is implied). Ideal for labor and postpartum doulas, WIC staff, public health employees, and anyone looking to offer lactation education.
- *The 20 Hour World Health Organization Curriculum to support the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. Ideal for hospital staff, pediatricians, obstetricians, midwives, and PAs specializing in maternity care.
- *The CAPPA Lactation Educator™, CLE® or CAPPA Community Educator™, LE(C) certification steps for workshop attendance. Ideal for anyone wanting to become a Certified Lactation Educator™, CLE®.
The CAPPA 20 Hour Lactation Educator Training Class includes the CAPPA Lactation Manual, resources, and unique giveaways to enhance your practice.
The training covers the following topics:
Goals/Roles of the Lactation Educator™
Historical Look at Breastfeeding
Anatomy of Breast and Lactation Physiology
Importance of Breastfeeding/ Hazards of Formula Feeding
Counseling the Postpartum Family
Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding – BabyFriendly Information
Working with the Hospital
Medications and Mother’s Milk
Teaching to Adult Learners
And much more!
Why Certify as a CLE®?
Certified Lactation Educators™ (CLE®s) provide evidence based information to the community, families and professionals to encourage an increase in breastfeeding initiation, duration and support. Lactation Educators™ are found teaching community and hospital based breastfeeding classes, as peer breastfeeding counselors in hospital and public health settings, facilitating support groups, running pump rental stations and providing phone support.
The CAPPA CLE® does not prescribe, treat, nor diagnose breastfeeding related conditions and is trained to refer clients facing circumstances that require this degree of intervention to a qualified professional, such as an IBCLC. The CAPPA 20 Hour Lactation Educator™ course is not an IBCLC exam prep course, nor does the CAPPA CLE® training prepare a student to become an IBCLC.
How to Certify as a CLE®:
Faculty: Kimberly Bepler, IBCLC, CPD, CNPE, CLE® has been serving breastfeeding families since 2001, first as a postpartum doula, then as a breastfeeding educator, and finally as an IBCLC (certified in 2011). Kimberly has served thousands of mom and baby dyads (and tryads—her specialty is multiples) and she provides compassionate care helping each family reach their unique goals. Kimberly has taught postpartum doula trainings for CAPPA for 13 years, and decided to add Lactation Educator™ courses to help enrich the doulas who were looking for additional skills for families, as well as those seeking to teaching Breastfeeding in a hospital or community setting. She is very excited that this training fulfills the 20 hours of education required for Baby Friendly designation, and is looking forward to having medical and clinical professionals in attendance as she loves building bridges between talented people in all areas of care. She promises a fun an interactive training in learning something she is truly passionate about! She is a mother of 2 lively kids, and owns a doula service in Portland, OR.
Registration Link: http://www.abcdoula.com/lactation-educator-trainings/
Tuition Cost: $550 Regular registration (before March 1, 2020) $600 Late registration (after March 1, 2020)–includes charge for late materials) Partial scholarships available for those who qualify, please email for details (firstname.lastname@example.org) Early bird bonus: Register and pay in full by February 1, 2020 and receive a one year membership to CAPPA ($75 value).
Details of Refund Policy:
- There are no refunds if the training meets the minimum requirements for registration. (Refund in full if training is canceled by instructor.)
- Once student is registered we count you as attending and purchase and prepare materials for your spot.
- If student cannot attend this training, all funds will be held for 12 months to be applied to a future training taught by Kimberly Bepler, in any training location, or transferred to another person.
- There is a $50 transfer fee to move to another training or to transfer to another person.
- NO refunds for no-shows or partial attendance and last-minute cancellations will forfeit payment. (To insure the training is not cancelled for all other participants if the minimum is not met).
- We will do our very best to help find a training that works for you.
NOTE: Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this Training Class.